For a PDF copy of Penny's CV (June 2011), click here.
Samples of recent scholarship include:
- Solo exhibition. In April 2012, the Adirondack Lakes Center for the Arts will feature "Neon Icons: Signs of the Times" in a solo exhibition of my industrial neon signs from the Adirondack region.
- Paper accepted for the Fourth Biennial Art History Symposium, “The Madness of Photography,” February 10-11, 2012 at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). Paper title: "Why Jung Loves the Hipstamatic App: Dream, Time, and Memory in Digital Photo Applications that Simulate Retro Analog Lo-Fi Results"
- Instructional strategy cited by the New York Times College's resource page for a media and society class assignment discussing the relationship between advertising and print journalism: http://www.nytmarketing.whsites.net/incollege/index.php?page=faculty&sub=strategies&category=2&topic=106
- Digital photograph "6 Feet Under" (2011) selected for the juried group exhibition "numb3rs" at the A. Smith Gallery in Johnson City, Texas. Exhibition runs from September 30 - November 6, 2011. Accepted images can be found here.
- Presentation on "Social Media and Student Engagement" at RPI's 11th Annual Colloquium on Teaching and Learning, May 23rd and 24th, 2011: http://pennyperkins.weebly.com/student-engagement.html
- Featured artist for April 2011 for the national arts blog, ArtAndArtDeadlines.com, written by artist R.L. Gibson, showcasing Penny's "neon icon" industrial sign photography. The feature includes samples of the series and an interview.
- Assessment and outcomes Web site detailing a course on "platform-building using Web 2.0 tools": http://sageifd303.weebly.com/
- Example of a student final project in communications writing incorporating a photo essay: http://pennyperkins.weebly.com/studentprojects.html